Running challenge

13 Feb

Last month I was looking for some new books to read. By browsing a few websites where I use to purchase my books, I found Murakami’s What I Talk About When I Talk About Running. I haven’t read any of Murakami’s books yet and I thought that now it is the time.

Since I started to practice running again, this book imediately got my attention. A novelist who describes his passion for running and training for marathon would be great inspiration for me. So I am now reading every page with curiosity how does he do this. How in the world is it possible to run every day such a long distances and keep it going for so many years. Β FullSizeRender

Seriously I admire all of you out there who run marathons. I am trying to keep practising my running routine in order to become serious runner.It just hurts so much.

It hurts me when have to wake up that much early in the mornings. It hurts me when I realize that I have still a few kilometers in front of me. It hurts me when I breath and it hurts me when I don’t breath…OK, I am exaggerating little bit here. I don’t want to sound as a lamenting child. I am just at the beginning of my road towards becoming a devoted runner.

With this post I wanted to take a bow to all of you who get up at 05:00 a.m., run for about 1.5 hour and get million stuff done by the end of the day without crying from exhaustion.

I hope one day I will find courage to run marathon myself. Till that time I will keep practising and try not to skip the training every time when my alarm rings in the morning.

P.S.: I recommend Mr. Murakami’s book as well.

Advertisements

9 Responses to “Running challenge”

1. Lani February 16, 2016 at 8:28 am #

It’s a great book. I don’t even run and I enjoyed it.

• artisticsmash February 16, 2016 at 12:44 pm #

It is indeed πŸ™‚ Thanks for reading.

2. debswritesblog February 22, 2016 at 12:55 pm #

I wish I can actually do the physical running. Always creating the mental picture but never moving.

• artisticsmash February 22, 2016 at 1:03 pm #

Believe me, I know the feeling πŸ˜„. But when I finally push myslef to run, the feeling afrerwards is magical.

• debswritesblog February 22, 2016 at 1:06 pm #

Would give it more push them and try to lay my hands on the book for more motivation😬

3. Sonya February 25, 2016 at 8:59 am #

Oh, thanks for the reminder. I should read What I Talk About When I Talk About Running.

I’ve recently started running again and I know what you mean about the pain. Hang in there, it does get easier πŸ™‚

• artisticsmash February 25, 2016 at 9:06 am #

thanks for reading Sonya 😊. I am trying and it truly does get easier. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who feels this way about running πŸ˜„

4. vincentcarlos March 6, 2016 at 4:49 am #

someone recommended this book to me not too long ago! that’s awesome. I recommend the book “Born To Run” by Christopher McDougall, another good post:)

• artisticsmash March 6, 2016 at 7:47 am #

Wow, thanks for recommendation πŸ‘ I will definetely check it.